[Snort-users] latest CVS

Wozz wozz+rt at ...471...
Mon Sep 18 06:10:16 EDT 2000

Is it just me, or is CVS missing a bunch of files?

I do a cvs co from the sourceforge reporsitory (of the snort-beta module)
and all sorts of stuff is missing, including all the plugin stuff, so I
don't get very far in compilation.  Browsing through the cvsweb interface
at sourceforge confirms that the files aren't in the repository.  A brief
example:

# make
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -I/usr/local/include/mysql -DENABLE_MYSQL
-g -O2 -Wall -c snort.c
In file included from snort.h:73,
                 from snort.c:45:
plugbase.h:26: sp_icmp_code_check.h: No such file or directory
plugbase.h:27: sp_dsize_check.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/src/snort-beta/src.

I see no mention of this in any of the mailing lists, perhaps there's some
secret step thats not documented?