[Snort-users] snortsnarf barfing

James Hoagland hoagland at ...47...
Fri Sep 15 12:08:09 EDT 2000

At 9:31 AM -0500 9/15/00, Lance Spitzner wrote:
>I upgraded to the latest version of snortsnarf.pl (090700), however I now
>have an error, it no longer works for me.
>
>otto $snortsnarf.pl THIS_MONTH-syslog.txt
>Undefined subroutine &main::is_anom_rept called at
>/usr/local/bin/snortsnarf.pl line 306, <alertfh00> chunk 1.
>
>Any recommendations?  I checked out the subroutine &main, but that did
>not help.  Any idea on how to fix this?
>
>Thanks!

Lance,

Someone else had this problem and fixed it by copying the contents of
the "include" directory of the new release to
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/.  They had done that with the previous
release, but not with the new release.  It is basically an issue with
Perl finding the old version of snort_alert_parse.pl, but not the
latest version, which the new version of snortsnarf.pl needs.

Hopefully this will fix your problem.

Regards,

   Jim
|*  Voice: (707) 445-4355 x13          Fax: (707) 826-7571  *|