[Snort-users] Snort v1.6 in daemon mode dies on HUP

Gregor Binder gbinder at ...462...
Thu Sep 14 21:35:24 EDT 2000

Martin Roesch on Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 08:52:23PM -0400:

Hi,

> Because SIGHUP handling wasn't very good in v1.6? :)  I'd recommend upgrading
> to version 1.6.3, which is available at http://www.snort.org.  Give that a
> shot and let us know how it goes!

Is there any reason this feature hasn't made it into the manpage yet?

Since it wasn't in there and the webpage only mentions previous
problems with it, I start a second instance of snort before I kill the
other one in order to do a restart, because I doesn't want to miss
what's happening in between.

Greetings,

  Gregor.

--
Gregor Binder  <gbinder at ...462...>  http://www.sysfive.com/~gbinder/
sysfive.com GmbH             UNIX. Networking. Security. Applications.