[Snort-users] Re: ACID problems..

Roman Danyliw roman at ...438...
Thu Sep 14 12:19:38 EDT 2000

In reality this could have been a problem with ACID.  I was
ignoring the mysql port parameter that was being passed.  However,
it is also  still possible that there are issues with the MySQL
authentication.

First, try this (v0.9.4) new version. It is currently only
on the mirror site:

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~rdanyliw/snort/
download: http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~rdanyliw/snort/acid.0.9.4.tar.gz

It will eventually be migrated to the primary site:

http://www.cert.org/kb/acid/

If this doesn't work, try connecting with those same parameters via the
mysql client.  This will confirm whether the connect string is bad or
ACID is the problem.

If you continue having problems, feel free to write me directly.  Please
keep the feedback coming to help me iron out all the bugs.

cheers,
Roman