[Snort-users] HELP! more info/progress

Jason Boyer jason at ...418...
Thu Sep 14 01:40:44 EDT 2000

Had those exact same issues.

Resolved it by redoing the mysql database after trying to use the cvs one. Also
made sure the default logging directory was created /var/log/snort. Then ran
snort with snort -D -c myrules.rules. Seemed to make the error msg go away and
it started logging no problem. My main issue was that it wasn't logging at all
with those two errors.

Thanks,

Jason