[Snort-users] HELP! more info/progress

A.L.Lambert alambert at ...387...
Wed Sep 13 22:19:49 EDT 2000

	Ok, figured out another thing.  I accidentally created the DB with
the create_mysql script in my CVS tree, and not the one from the 1.6.3
tree (DOH!).  Now I get the following:

---snip
Initializing rule chains...
log_database: Database type is mysql
log_database: Database name is snort
log_database: User set to root
log_database: Host set to localhost
log_database: Port set to 3306
Error:
Error:
1526 Snort rules read...
1526 Option Chains linked into 216 Chain Headers
---snip

	However, despite the "Error:" x2 in startup messages, I do seem to
get data in my database (or so I see with cat /var/lib/mysql/snort |
strings) :).  Anyhoo.  Still a long ways to go for me, so anyone who wants
to e-mail me with some pointers, PLEASE do.  Thanks in advance, and
Cheers!

	--A.L.Lambert