[Snort-users] False FTP Portscans

Christopher Cramer cec at ...68...
Wed Sep 13 14:24:20 EDT 2000

Without putting words into Patrick's mouth (or his code), I believe the
next version of the portscan preprocessor will allow you to more tightly
specify which things to ignore.  One thing to be careful of, what if I
choose to scan your network by setting my src address to a well known port
(e.g. 20)?

-Chris

Dr. Christopher E. Cramer
Assistant Research Professor
Duke University, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
114 Hudson Hall, Box 90291, Durham, NC  27708-0291
PH:  919-660-5248     FAX:  919-660-5293     email:  cec at ...68...