[Snort-users] Oops

Martin Roesch roesch at ...421...
Wed Sep 13 12:06:11 EDT 2000

Ah, the joys of being your own sysadmin....

So, yesterday I decided to upgrade my gateway box on my home network from
FreeBSD 3.3 to the latest OpenBSD 2.8 snapshot.  This box also runs my mail
server (fetchmail/sendmail/imap), and so I had to back up my mail folders for
myself and Anna onto one of my other boxen.  Having done this and backed up a
few other things, I did the upgrade and wiped the old FreeBSD partition.
Here's where the oops happened. :)

I forgot to backup my mail spool directory, and in doing so managed to wipe
out the inbox for both myself and Anna.  She lost about 50 messages, I lost
~250.  So (finally getting to the point), if you've sent me anything urgent in
the past week that I haven't responded to yet, please send it again.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

    -Marty

--
Martin Roesch