[Snort-users] Can't compile snort - no make targets

Dragos Ruiu dr at ...381...
Wed Sep 13 05:35:37 EDT 2000

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Don Heffernan wrote:
> I hate to dump a basic problem on everybody, but all I know about
> installing from tarballs is ./configure, make, and make install.  That
> usually works but I ran into a problem at the make stage with
> snort-1.6.3.  It returns the message: *** No targets. Stop.
>
> Any suggestions?

Sounds like a funny make utility. :-)  have you tried using gmake?
or another make clone?

hope it helps. --dr
--
dursec.com ltd. / kyx.net - we're from the future
pgp fingerprint: 18C7 E37C 2F94 E251 F18E  B7DC 2B71 A73E D2E8 A56D