[Snort-users] Solaris 2.x compile problems

John Tran snort at ...360...
Wed Sep 6 18:09:07 EDT 2000

I cannot get Snort 1.6.3 to compile on any of my Solaris boxes (SPARC Solaris 2.5 - 2.7).  ./configure goes through fine, however, when I do a "make", I get:

lex_cleanup                         /usr/local/lib/libpcap.a(gencode.o)
yylex                               /usr/local/lib/libpcap.a(grammar.o)
lex_init                            /usr/local/lib/libpcap.a(gencode.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to snort
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [snort] Error 1

I tried the Solaris package also.. when I do a "pkgadd -d snort-1.6.3-sol-2.6-sparc-local" , I get:

cpio: Unexpected end-of-archive encountered.
1 errors
pkgadd: ERROR: attempt to process datastream failed
    - process </usr/bin/cpio -icdumD -C 512> failed, exit code 1
pkgadd: ERROR: unable to unpack datastream

Installation of <MRsnort> failed (internal error).
No changes were made to the system.

Any ideas?