[Snort-users] I'm back

Martin Roesch roesch at ...1...
Wed Sep 6 12:41:18 EDT 2000

Hi everyone,
     After a long hiatus, I'm returning to active development on Snort.  In
case you're wondering, yes, I have left Hiverworld.  While I've been away
Fyodor Yarochkin, Jed Pickel, Max Vision, Jim Forster, Dragos Ruiu, and
Patrick Mullen have been picking up the slack and getting things setup at
SourceForge, plus working to maintain and advance the source code, do bug
fixes, answer support mail, and generally do everything I used to do.  On
behalf of myself and everyone on the mailing list, I'd like to thank them!

Now that I'm back I'd like to keep things pretty much the way they are
currently, with the guys helping me keep this project running and acting as an
administrative group for Snort.  I think we're getting close to another
release, though 1.7 is still a bit off in the distance.

That's about it for now, look for me to be more active around the snort
mailing lists and to start releasing 1.6.4-beta's pretty soon.  Woohoo! ;)

     -Marty

P.S. My Hiverworld e-mail account is now gone as well, so please use either
this address or my roesch at ...66... addr from now on.

--
Martin Roesch
roesch at ...421...