[Snort-users] alerting admin via email or sms

Mikael Schmidt mikael.schmidt at ...718...
Mon Oct 30 09:33:06 EST 2000

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, gmie wrote:
> I am testing and configuring snort Version 1.6 on redhat Linux 6.2
>
> I would like to know how do we configure snort so that the alert will be
> sent to an email or sms. May I know the commands
> and where do I configure it.

you should get yourself a logchecker that watches for alerts being produced
by snort, and when it finds one it should run an external program to an sms.
a program that can be used to send sms is smssend, can be found at
http://christophe.calmejane.free.fr/smssend_menu_en.html

> Regards.

Mikael Schmidt - mikael.schmidt at ...718...
tfn:	+46(0)46 - 222 47 35
mob:	+46(0)707 - 46 60 56