[Snort-users] problem logging to a mysql database under OpenBSD 2.7

George Colt colt at ...81...
Mon Oct 30 09:03:59 EST 2000

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Mikael Schmidt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running OpenBSD 2.7 and snort 1.6.3 with mysql 3.23.27-beta and now I am
> trying to log a mysql database, however snort refuses to start. There seems
> to be something in snort calling a symbol "_floor" that doesn't exist in
> libmysqlclient.so.10.0. Anyway, here the commandline to fire snort up;

floor is called by the mysql client. quick and easy "fix" is add -lm to
either LIBS or LDFLAGS in the Makefile. e.g.

LIBS = -lm -lmysqlclient -lpcap -lsocket -lnsl

'course, if you rerun configure, it'll disappear, so the "correct" way is
to add the change to configure.in

I sent Jed a fix for this problem but I don't think it made it in yet...

	-george

--
George Colt
colt at ...81...