[Snort-users] Changing ip

Tom Whipp twhipp at ...63...
Mon Oct 30 09:03:38 EST 2000

Might be a daft question but is your new IP in the same range as your old
IP?  if you've moved it to outside of your $HOME_NET then its probably just
that your rules no longer match.

	Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Michael
Tench
Sent: 30 October 2000 13:44
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Changing ip

Greetings;

I have changed the IP address fo a Linux box running Snort. Since that time,
Snort no longer works. Even if I specify the interface (eth0), it no longer
works.

As a secondary question, do any of you know how I could actually
remove the address from the interface, then have snort monitor it?

Do any of you have a suggestion?

Thank you for dealing with my very basic questions.
Michael Tench