[Snort-users] Multiple home networks?

Prystupa, Michael (OIT) MPrystupa at ...172...
Fri Oct 27 09:44:09 EDT 2000

I'm very new to the list, so I'm sure this has been discussed already, but
what options does one have for trying to set up snort to watch multiple
networks?  I've seen examples on running multiple snort processes for each
network, but that doesn't seem to solve the showing of normal cross-network
traffic false-positives.

For example, if your networks are 10.1.x and 192.168.x, if you have a snort
watching each network, how can you stop one home network from triggering
alerts on the other watched network?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Mike Prystupa