[Snort-users] SnortSnarf version 102600.1

James Hoagland hoagland at ...47...
Thu Oct 26 15:59:38 EDT 2000

Greetings all,

Silicon Defense is pleased to announce the availability of SnortSnarf
version 102600.1, the latest version of its Snort alert browsing
tool.  Here is a list of changes since the last version:

+ cleaned up page headers and footers for improved readability;
Silicon Defense logo now present in header (GIF file auto-generated)
+ eliminated need to specially name alert files in different formats;
alert format is now automatically inferred (finally!)
+ generated pages now split across multiple directories to reduce the
load on any one directory [suggestion by Chris Green and Dread Pirate
Roberts]
+ added option (-refresh=X) to add HTML that causes generated pages
to reload in your browser every X seconds [suggestion by Dave Schwinn]
+ ./include now searched by snortsnarf.pl (but not any CGIs) for its
includes [contrib by Alvar Freude]
+ added TRIUMF as a DNS lookup option
+ fixed bug where certain pages were referenced as .html even if
$html was set to 'htm' instead
+ new default input file for Windows [contrib by SilverDragon]
+ changes in SISR to better permit labeled set and incident files to
be rolled over
+ SISR: automatic IP and network annotations upon labeled set
creation now includes a link to view the labeled set
+ SISR: fixed bug in earliest_latest_times.pl in finding the latest time

Alot of changes this time. More exiting changes are on the way too.
We are planning to modularize SnortSnarf to make it easier to write
new input mechanisms (perhaps from a database), new storage
mechanisms (perhaps reduce memory load while snortsnarf.pl is running
by storing alerts to files), and new output mechanisms.

As always, you can get more information and download the latest
version of SnortSnarf from:

   http://www.silicondefense.com/snortsnarf/

Best regards,

   Jim
|*              http://www.silicondefense.com/              *|
|*  Voice: (707) 445-4355 x13          Fax: (707) 445-4222  *|