[Snort-users] snort-1.6.3-patch2-WIN32-mysql

Frank Reid fcreid at ...691...
Tue Oct 24 19:37:31 EDT 2000

I would like to deploy standalone sensors that report back to a single MySQL
database.  I have the database working fine on a central platform (FreeBSD
4, Snort 1.70 Beta and MySQL 3.22).  However, when I compile/install/run
Snort 1.70 on a remote machine, configured to report to the central server,
it wants to use the MySQL server running locally.  (I'd prefer not even to
install MySQL client/server on the remote machine.)

What am I missing?  I thought this would be the function of the
"host=hostname" parameter on the locally executed Snort rules?

Thanks in advance.

Frank