[Snort-users] Problems with creating MySQL tables under 1.7beta0

Ben Lovett blovett at ...682...
Tue Oct 24 08:59:56 EDT 2000

Hello,

I am trying to run snort 1.7beta0 because I am attempting to implement
ACID on my host.  When i compile snort, everything works all fine and
dandy, but then I try to create the tables.. That always seems to fail
with:

ERROR 1064 at line 116: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'data
( sid           INT      UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
         ' at line 1

Now, I've also tried creating the tables with an older version (from
1.6.3), it works, and i attempt to run snort (1.7beta0) and get this:

log_database: compiled support for ( mysql )
log_database: configured to use mysql
log_database:          user = root
log_database: database name = snortdb
log_database:          host = localhost
log_database: password is set
log_database:   sensor name = <myip>
log_database: mysql error: Unknown column 'detail' in 'where clause'
log_database: mysql_error: Unknown column 'detail' in 'field list'
log_database: mysql error: Unknown column 'detail' in 'where clause'
log_database: Problem obtaining SENSOR ID (sid) from

It then states that I may not have the proper permissions to use INSERT
or SELECT, but since I am trying to log as root, there should not be
those permission problems.

Could someone please give me some insight into this?  Thanks

-ben