[Snort-users] Something Strange?!

Fyodor fygrave at ...121...
Tue Oct 24 07:06:53 EDT 2000

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 12:22:10PM -0400, Martin Roesch wrote:
> You compiled with pthreads?  I wouldn't do that... :)
>
> You might want to compile it up in debug mode (add a -DDEBUG to the end of the
> DEFS line in the Makefile) and see what it says.

I would strongly recoomnd against using pthreads on the moment, because you will get not what you want (current pthreads support supposes to use a thread per interface to use multiple interfaces, and I was waiting for promiced 'multithreaded' siupport from libpcpap guys :)

Meanwhile I am comming up with another idea how to apply threads to snort, just need to finish my pthreads programming book and play with some smaller codes first :)