[Snort-users] mysql.php3 - performance issues.

Jason Boyer jason at ...418...
Thu Oct 19 17:11:51 EDT 2000

Currently logging all alerts to MYSQL as well as to a log file , problem
is that using the mysql.php3 script that came with snort it takes almost
a full hour to process and load. What is the better approach to making
this script load faster ? Only two options I saw were either to switch
databases or limit the amount of logging I am doing to the mysql
database. Currently the database has about 550,000 events in it which is
one month's activity. (Snort box is p3 550 / 128MB Ram) Any other ideas
/ suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jason