[Snort-users] packet logging, a newbie question

Bennett Samowich brs at ...664...
Thu Oct 19 16:11:00 EDT 2000

Greets,

Is it typical to run snort with packet logging off until an incident is in
progress?  The server that I am initially playing with snort on has limited
disk space and snort seems to fill it up fairly quickly.  What is the
typical/recommended way to control this or would I simply need to build a
server with lots of disk space.

I am currently using the rules that ship with snort during my
experimentation.  Am I just fully understanding its usage yet?

Thanks in advance,
- Bennett