[Snort-users] Solaris Compile Problems

Fyodor fyodor at ...123...
Thu Oct 19 10:52:37 EDT 2000

We have seen this problem before and the reason is that libpcap in this case requires  lex linbrary to be linked. I am not completely sure  why at attimes it doesn't get linked there when you build libpcap (IMHO normally it should) and I will try to think of a solution to detect this problem from configure. The easiest way for you for the moment would be to either 'make LDFLAGS=-llex' (or '-lflex if you have installed) or edit Makefile and modify LDFLAGS to have -lflex  library there.

Let us know if it helps :)

Fyodor