[Snort-users] Other IDS solutions

Al Huger - Mail Account ah1 at ...35...
Sun Oct 15 11:28:00 EDT 2000

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, k timm wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience with Man Hunt and Man Trap.
> Also I know there was recent discusion of snort vs Cisco and snort seemed to be
> the winner. Has anyone heard of a new switch or switch card cisco is offering
> with integrated IDS.
>  --  Kevin Timm

I have never seen Man Hunt but I have looked at ManTrap and was
not particularly impressed. It looked to me like a rather bloated chroot
implementation of a honeypot under Solaris. The implementation left a
little to be desired however, for example there are genuine (belonging to
the Solaris box) devices in /dev.

It may have changed since I saw which was over a year ago.