[Snort-users] ICMP from many hosts.

Robert Buckley ipchains at ...549...
Thu Oct 12 15:02:17 EDT 2000

Thank you for your responses,

Instead of spamming snort-users list Ill post the output from a
 grep -r "10:24" /var/log/snort/ at http://24.191.42.95/snort/snortlog-10-10-1024

My scenario is simple, Im running FreeBSD over cable on the optonline.net network,
I do run IPFIREWALL and icmp is limited in such that I allow reponses but dont accept
requests.
That way I can ping you, but you cant ping me sort of thing. I do allow some UDP
traffic when its required for traceroute.
The grep statement above is grepping for the exact time of 10:24 EST in the snort logs,
but some similiar stuff was recorded earlier at 8:20 EST.
If you would like to glance at a
        snort -d -D -c 07272kany.rules
        snort -d -D -c 07272kbackdoor.rules

visit http://24.191.42.95/snort/snortlog-10-10-1024