[Snort-users] Logging to TTY and file

Aaron S. Carmichael aaron at ...532...
Thu Oct 12 12:53:03 EDT 2000

Using the syslog facility I send all my logs to my local machine in the
office and at home. There the data is checked by scripts I have running.
Works quite well and with pop-up alerts and paging services for certain
entries I can be working on whatever I need to, storing my logs and or
getting coffee.

If you want a simple client to use try Kiwi's Syslog Daemon. You can
register and get additional functionality if you want or just use it as
supplied.

Aaron S. Carmichael
VP Information Technology
TimeCertain, LLC.

This message is for the named persons use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If
sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
recipient. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.