[Snort-users] Help!

Dragos Ruiu dr at ...50...
Mon Oct 9 04:39:52 EDT 2000

On Sun, 08 Oct 2000, John Johnson wrote:
> When starting snort it just dies and I get an error in my /var/log/messages
> snort: ERROR /etc/snort/vision.rules (1)  => Rule IP addr ("207.159.57.23")
> didn't x-late, WTF?
>
> I just installed this on a Mandrake 7.0 and 7.1 system and it's version
> 1.6.3

You should post the segment of your rules file for us to see what's up...

Also... look for funny characters in the address.... I know, the parser needs
some work.... it's on dev todo list.

Off the top of my head it looks like a funny value for $HOME_NET or such...
But posting the rules in question will hopefully make it unambiguous.

cheers,
--dr

 --
Dragos Ruiu <dr at ...50...>   dursec.com ltd. / kyx.net - we're from the future
gpg/pgp key on file at wwwkeys.pgp.net