[Snort-users] Box Size Vs Packet loss.

F.M. Taylor root at ...28...
Fri Oct 6 09:51:04 EDT 2000

I ordered a P733 w 256MB and 3c905 specifically for the sole purpose of
running snort.  I am going to put this box on a hub between our border
router and first switch. 100MB Lan and a T3.  What kind of packet loss can
I expect at the full 45M of the T3.

---
Mike Taylor
Coordinator of Systems Administration and Network Security
Indiana State University.               Rankin Hall Rm 039
210 N 7th St.                           Terre Haute, IN.
Voice: 812-237-8843                                  47809
---
"You have zero privacy anyway.  Get over it."
           --Scott McNealy, Sun MicroSystems.