[Snort-users] The truth about Napster

Joe McAlerney joey at ...155...
Tue Oct 3 19:05:35 EDT 2000

Hi,

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that rule was
added to detect Napster traffic in organizations that do not want to
allow Napster for reasons of bandwith consumption, and distribution of
pirated music.  I have not heard about gaping security flaws within
Napster, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.  I would remove it if
your organization is not concerned with mp3's flying around your
network.

-Joe M.