[Snort-users] snort isn't doing anything

Emre root at ...536...
Mon Oct 2 12:10:55 EDT 2000

On 02-Oct-2000 Martin Roesch wrote:
> Yikes!  You shouldn't mix -v and -D, you're telling Snort to dump all packets
> to the screen and then putting it in daemon mode!  How about running it in
> plain mode for a bit to see if it's working or shutting down for some reason.

Well when I tried that, snort didn't really dump anything on the screen
BTW snort works fine now....

> This will automatically log to /var/log/snort and dump any startup errors that
> the program has right back to you.
>
> You should also read the USAGE file!

I did that :\

> Did you set the HOME_NET variable?

That's the very fisrt thing I did...
it's working fine now...

--
GPG KeyID 0xCA146AC5F772D9ED | http://ozone.dhs.org/emre-gpg-dsa.asc
Key Fingerprint = 89CB 3FD0 F56D D9BC 8C3D  351A CA14 6AC5 F772 D9ED