[Snort-users] Snort dies for some unknown reason after a couple days...

Martin Roesch roesch at ...421...
Mon Oct 2 14:57:00 EDT 2000

Are you getting any core files?  These are critical if we're going to figure
out the problem.  You might consider running Snort from within gdb to help
diagnose the problem...

     -Marty

DTR wrote:

> I'm using the debian package for snort 1.6.3.  It's running beautifully and
> everything works but for some unknown reason it will die on its own after a
> few days.  I've checked thru the logs and can't find any hints as to what's
> happening.  The .deb has a daily cron job which will check to see if snort
> is up so the way I know it's died is I get a system email telling me the
> "check script" runs and returns value '1'.  I restart it and it lasts for
> another few days before it dies again.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> DTR