[Snort-users] DataBase Load Problem.

Austad, Jay austad at ...432...
Thu Nov 30 11:58:51 EST 2000

What are most of your alerts for?  I had to disable some rules to prevent
this on my network, specifically the large ICMP rule, and there were a
couple of other rules also.  We have some thing that run over our network
here that set off alerts on these rules so I have to disable them until I
can find a better way of matching them.

Once your database get's above 500,000 alerts, it will be deathly slow for
reporting.  Find out what the highest percentage of the alerts are and
figure out what's generating them.

Jay