[Snort-users] reputation

Steve Hutchins Steve.Hutchins at ...277...
Tue Nov 21 15:11:52 EST 2000

We at Optimation use Snort as well as other IDS's! That's how I know why
Snort is the best IDS.

Steve

From: F.M. Taylor [mailto:root at ...28...]
Sent: Wednesday, 22 November 2000 2:27
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] reputation

Well, I spoke with some reps from NFR last week at the CSI conference.  I
told them I was running thier only REAL competition, snort.  Their reply
was "thats a good product".

Also, whoever is keeping the list may add indstate.edu (Indiana State
University) as one of the orgs that are using snort in production. (along
with other stuff, so you lurking hackers don't get any ideas.)

Also (totally unrelated) while at the conference one of the speakers
mentioned fyodor, and said "I think he is one of the good guys".
Kudos on the "honorable mention".

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Austad, Jay wrote:

> Maybe a survey where we put in how many sensors we are using and the size
of
> our organization without divulging the name.  Put a "Fortune 500" checkbox
> on it too.
>
> Jay

---
Mike Taylor
Coordinator of Systems Administration and Network Security
Indiana State University.               Rankin Hall Rm 039
210 N 7th St.                           Terre Haute, IN.
Voice: 812-237-8843                                  47809
---
"You have zero privacy anyway.  Get over it."
           --Scott McNealy, Sun MicroSystems.