[Snort-users] reputation

Steve Hutchins Steve.Hutchins at ...277...
Mon Nov 20 15:13:13 EST 2000

I definitely agree.

Having experience of NFR, ISS and Snort, I recommend Snort to customers I
consult to in preference to other products. But customers like Banks and
Government are still hard to convince when it comes to recommending open
source rather then commercial products (same old story).
Any references in these (or other) sectors would make it easier for me.

Steve
From: Dr SuSE [mailto:drsuse at ...748...]
Sent: Monday, 20 November 2000 7:26
To: Jev
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] reputation

Hmm, I heard that Deutches Banc or whatever it's called.  Anyway, some big
German bank uses SuSE Linux.  Just tell these guys that the German banks
owe their success to opensource solutions.

When I worked for a particular U.S. government agency and wanted get
approval to use "Big Brother" I first did some research to find what other
companies and agencies are using Big Brother.  I then gave the list to my
manager and as a result Big Brother won approval.

I think it would be cool if we created a list of companies and
institutions that use Snort, it might help some of us in the future as far
as obtaining approval for Snort related projects.
I'll start the list with:
drsuse.org

Dr SuSE

"Microsoft ist nicht installiert"