[Snort-users] Can we interpret the ICMP unreachable messages?

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at ...294...
Sun Nov 19 17:42:24 EST 2000

I'm seeing ICMP messages like "port unreachable" with Snort and I was
wondering if I could actually work out what is going on there. I'm seeing
these harmless (I'm sure) packets between two machines and it (obviously)
looks like some service is down. Is there anyway I can work out WHAT port is
unreachable (or what host is unreachable WRT "host unreachable" ICMP packets)?

Thanks

--
Cheers

Jason Haar

Unix/Special Projects, Trimble NZ
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417