[Snort-users] OK it's time to update the FAQ...

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Fri Nov 17 01:27:18 EST 2000

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Dragos Ruiu wrote:

> Anyways... I'll take a crack at re-editing the FAQ.  Does anyone have any
> immediate candidates that jump to mind? I'll give you guys until the end
> of the weekend when I hope to have edits done.  Or for that matter
> send me other edits for the docs... I don't promise to do them all but
> at least to collate them.

Q: "I've got a network like ...  How/Where do I put snort?" A: Perhaps there
could be a set of Snort "Recipes"  or something akin to a cookbook?  With a
few basic example networks, it would cover a fair share of configs.  Maybe
have some nameless/faceless setups that are 'real'...

Internet --->  Router --->  Hub ---> snort

Q:  I've got RedHat and ....