[Snort-users] Snort log files when using with -b option

Fyodor fygrave at ...121...
Thu Nov 16 15:41:22 EST 2000

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 08:50:40PM +0100, Marius wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Maybe someone can advise me where can I find Snort output format when
> using -b option (log packets in tcpdump format) in the Snort command line.
> I searched the Internet but couldn't find anything usefull.

 Source is your friend :).

 Seriously speaking snort doesn't implement any new format with it, it simply
 uses standard libpcap routines to write into (and read from) file. If you're
 interested in the format, have a look on libpcap source. I don't think it's been
 documented explictly somewhere elsewhere :)

--
http://www.notlsd.net