[Snort-users] Snort doesn't work after compiling with MySQL

John Steniger stenigej at ...801...
Thu Nov 16 10:46:57 EST 2000

Just a guess, but you may need to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the
directory containing the needed library.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Johan.Augustsson [mailto:Johan.Augustsson at ...796...]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 8:20 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort doesn't work after compiling with MySQL

Snort logging to MySQL sounds great, but what am I doing wrong?

I have MySQL installed in /usr/local/mysql on my linux-box and after
reading the info on http://www.incident.org/snortdb/ I ran configure with
the following options

--with-mysql-includes=/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql
--with-mysql-libraries=/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql

And everything is just fine. I then ran make and make install without any
problems. But when I try to run snort I get an error message.

./snort: error in loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.10: cannot

The file libmysqlclient.so.10 exists in /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql and is a
link to the file libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0 in the same directory.
What am I doing wrong, and why can't I find the config file for Snort where
to put following line?

output log_database: mysql, dbname=snort user=someuser host=localhost

Johan