[Snort-users] bad dump file format... huh?

Roman Danyliw roman at ...438...
Tue Nov 14 08:39:43 EST 2000

Are you using Redhat Linux?  As of version 6.0, Redhat assumed that the
development effort with libpcap was dead and made changes to
libpcap (and tcpdump).  In particular, these changes surrounded the
timestamp format and addressed issues with multiple interfaces.  As a
consequence of these modifications, tcpdump-generated files under Redhat
will not be valid with Snort (any version).  Try downloading an
"unbroken" copy of libpcap/tcpdump from www.tcpdump.org.

cheers,
Roman