[Snort-users] Why does snort on Linux report this?

Vitaly McLain twistah at ...93...
Sun Nov 12 18:44:24 EST 2000

I dont /think/ anything could be done about that, yet. I think the BPF
implementation in Linux just doesn't allow for lost packet counting. I don't
know if newer kernels or a libpcap upgrade remedy the problem. Haven't had
any time to check. Of course, I could be wrong on the cause of this as well.
Heh.

Vitaly McLain
twistah at ...93...
twistah @ OPN & EfNet
"If you don't turn on to politics, politics will turn on you."
       - Ralph Nader
P.S -- Caffinee + Tylenol Cold is a /weird/ combo. Trust me. Woo.