[Snort-users] Re: ACID Configuration

Frank Reid fcreid at ...691...
Sat Nov 11 15:32:38 EST 2000

Thanks, Roman.  ACID is a very impressive project in its own right, and it
provides a great deal of functionality even now.  Thanks for supporting and
developing it.

Question on Snort... is behavior defined when logging to database and the
database becomes unavailable?  My specific concern is sensor behavior when
network anomalies prevent it from locating the database server, e.g. upon
loss of network connectivity for upstream reporting.  I could pull plugs and
guess at the results, but I figured someone would know based on the code
itself.  Thanks.

Frank