[Snort-users] Snort rules

Pieter Blaauw pblaauw at ...772...
Fri Nov 10 03:35:44 EST 2000

Hi people

*dons newbie clothing*

I've been testing snort as a lightweight IDS to use on our network as a
cheaper solution to some vendor based products (afaik Cisco IDS blade =
$15000)  and it seems very powerfull. My only problem is that I'd like to
get hold of a well defined ruleset to examine and draw up a custom one
from there.

The snort page gives some examples, but I feel if I had to setup a ruleset
I would miss some things due to inexperience.

Can anyone recommend where I can find a well defined ruleset.

Kind Regards
Pieter