[Snort-users] database logging of portscans

Fyodor fygrave at ...121...
Thu Nov 9 06:28:36 EST 2000

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 01:32:13PM -0600, Austad, Jay wrote:
> The CVS version of snort logs portscans to a file called portscan.log.  Is
> there a way to make it log the portscans to the database like everything
> else?

 if you don't specify any  filename in snort.conf file, nothing will be logged into a file. Logging same data into a database qould require modification of code though. (basically theres a choice whether to log stuff into this file directly, or direct everything through 'alert' logging mechanism. in latter case we may have dublicates and too much noise.. )