[Snort-users] preprocessor defrag memory leak in CVS?

Len Burns lenb at ...750...
Wed Nov 8 16:51:21 EST 2000

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Austad, Jay wrote:

> When I have the preprocessor defrag module installed, snort starts using a
> ton of memory on my machine.  It's memory usage climbs to over 200MB in
> under 5 minutes.  If remove the defrag module, it works fine.  Is this a
> known issue?  Any fixes?
It is under investigation, I am seeing the same thing but have not had
time to reply to the developer of the defrag module with specifics.
Mine is not rising quite that quickly, but it would clearly consume
all available memory in a short time left unchecked.

-L