[Snort-users] Am I the only one pulling my slowly-turning-gra y hair out!

Gene R. Gomez ggomez at ...677...
Wed Nov 8 15:28:52 EST 2000

Robert,
You're probably better off just shoring up your network and sending
logs to abuse at ...767...  You'll probably just waste your time
otherwise; as an admin I'm pretty certain that if you picture someone
calling YOU to complain about one of YOUR users, you'd probably
eventually get around to tracking down who was misbehaving, but you
probably wouldn't turn that user's name over to the other admin, and
you'd probably have more pressing issues to get to before anything
was looked into at all.
Personally, if someone called ME about one of my users, as an admin
I'd report to my Director of IT and let the corporate folks hash it
out, unless my AUP gave me authority/responsibility to take other
action.  An ISP is somewhat different, but most ISPs provide users
"guarantees" of privacy, which equates to a guarantee that they won't
turn their names over to anyone.  ;)

- -Gene