[Snort-users] snort-mysql db

James Hoagland hoagland at ...47...
Mon Nov 6 19:01:57 EST 2000

At 4:34 PM +0100 10/30/00, Mikael Schmidt wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am wondering if there is anyone who knows about a tool that can extract the
>data from a mysql database and put it together in a html-document. I know
>that there is one tool who actually is really good that will put together
>data from a normal log-file called snort2html, however I now wish to have one
for my mysql-database as well.

I'm in the process of modifying SnortSnarf
(www.silicondefense.com/snortsnarf/) to use input plugins (also
storage and output plugins).  So, if someone is interested in writing
a MySQL input module, let me know.  I could probably due with some
feedback on the input module API from that point of view since I
haven't looked at MySQL logging.

Anyways, in response to your original question, if someone writes
such a module, you will be able to SnortSnarf as well.

Regards,

   Jim

P.s. Sorry for the delay in response.  I was in Athens all last week
and just got back at 12:30am last night.  Yuck!  4 flights and 25
hours to get back home.
|*              http://www.silicondefense.com/              *|
|*  Voice: (707) 445-4355 x13          Fax: (707) 445-4222  *|