[Snort-users] Question About the Current CVS version of snort

Len Burns lenb at ...750...
Sun Nov 5 13:16:13 EST 2000

On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, Christopher Cramer wrote:

> Are you using the TCP reassembly plugin?  I have confirmed that it (most
> likely) does not have a memory leak, but it does consume large amounts of
> memory depending on the number of machines/ports being reassembled.
>
> For me, it usually levels off at some point.
Yes, I have been using that.  About how long does it take to level
off, and around how much memory use?  So far it has not exceedd the
capacity of its hosts, but concerned me because it continued to
increase.  Thanks.

-Len