[Snort-users] Question About the Current CVS version of snort

Len Burns lenb at ...750...
Sun Nov 5 03:39:54 EST 2000

Hi,

I have been using snort for some time here, and recentlhy began
experimenting with acid for a console and analysis.  For that reason,
and curiosity, I checked out a snort source tree.  I am building under
NetBSD, 1.4.2, and 1.5 beta.  It builds normally under both.  It seems
to work well under both as well, with one concern.  Over time, several
hours, it seems to be gradually consuming a great deal of memory.  I
saw it as high as 100 megs earlier on one host before I closed it
down.  I am not sure if this is normal, or if I am seeing a leak.  If
this would better be sent to the developement list, my apologies.

-Len

--
Len Burns,
Site Engineer for Sasquatch Computer