[Snort-users] problem logging to a mysql database under OpenBSD 2.7 - sort of

andy lowton andy at ...586...
Fri Nov 3 15:28:34 EST 2000

Thanks to everybody who replied to my message. Most people assumed that the
problem was in snort but it isn't. It is in PHP or maybe (not likely though) in
mysql.

If I compile PHP with the built in mysql library, I get this when I run acid:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_floor" called from httpd:/usr/lib/apache/modules/libphp4.so at 0x40321514

If I compile PHP with --with-mysql=/usr/local, I get :

/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_mysql_init" called from httpd:/usr/lib/apache/modules/libphp4.so at 0x4030e1e0

which is similar to the mesage Mikael Schmidt reported.

I am using: OpenBSD 2.7 (patch branch)
	    acid-0.9.5b7
	    php-4.0.3pl1
            mysql-3.22.32
	    apache1.3.12
	    snort 1.7p2

I've been away and so havn't played with this much. I shall kick it around over
the next few days.

Thanks again

andy

E-Mail: andy at ...586...