[Snort-users] Dual ethernet cards under Linux - could be of use to others

A.L.Lambert alambert at ...387...
Fri Nov 3 10:38:16 EST 2000

> My eth1 is reporting:
>
> RX packets:113043
> TX packets: 46
>
> I'm running arpwatch as well as it's show my MAC address
> "flip-flopping" - one moment it's the MAC address of eth0, the next
> it's eth1...

	I've run across this before, and for the life of me I can't seem
to find the related e-mail's in my archive.  As I recall, the fix was
using a kernel greater than 2.2.13, and doing:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/hidden
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth1/hidden

	Although the whole description of what/why eludes me at the
momemnt.  Best of luck.

	--A.L.Lambert