[Snort-users] problem logging to a mysql database under OpenBSD 2.7 - sort of

Mikael Schmidt mikael.schmidt at ...718...
Thu Nov 2 07:02:18 EST 2000

I am having some problems with getting PHP to talk to my mysql database,
seems just like the problem that you are trying to fix here. However, it
doesn't help at all with -lm in PROGRAM_LDFLAGS in PHP's Makefile, I still
get the same error in my error_log;

/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_mysql_get_client_info" called from
httpd:/usr/local/paket/apache/libexec/libphp4.so at 0x403cd208
/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_mysql_init" called from
httpd:/usr/local/paket/apache/libexec/libphp4.so at 0x403cd1e0

This happens when I am trying to use ACID, do you have any ideas on how to
solve this issue? I had a compile problem with snort and mysql, but that did
solve by adding -lm to LDFLAGS

Oh, btw, I am using apache 1.3.14 with mod_ssl and php 4.0.3pl1 built as a
dynamic module and mysql 3.23.27-beta on OpenBSD 2.7.

On Wed, 01 Nov 2000, Fyodor wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 09:29:29AM -0500, Roman Danyliw wrote:
> > Andy,
> >
> > I think this problem may still be related to MySQL not PHP.  In order to
> > build MySQL support into PHP (a prerequisite for ACID), the mysqlclient
> > library must be linked into the libphp4.so.  This is the same library
> > that is used by Snort to provide MySQL functionlity.  Therefore, I reason
> > that if there were linking dependencies in Snort, it follows that they
> > may also arise in PHP. Check the Makefile used to build PHP and confirm
> > whether the math library was linked (-lm).  If it was not, try manually
> > insert it and rebuilding PHP.
>
> actually this should be already fixed in CVS, so just sync with CVS tree
> and try to  compile again. :)

Mikael Schmidt - mikael.schmidt at ...718...
tfn:	+46(0)46 - 222 47 35
mob:	+46(0)707 - 46 60 56